Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Lizard and the Iroko Tree

This morning my roomie must have thought she would have to call the nice men who drive the padded waggon to come for me. I bust into her room dancing and saying (I do not believe I was shouting) "It fits!! It fits!! It fits!!!" Yes, that pair of black jeans I had not been able to wear for over 4 years finally fits me - and with room to spare. I have not felt this trim for a very long time.

No it is not Atkins or some other exotic diet. Would you believe it is because of a few weeks in the Middlesex Hospital? While I do not advocate it, there seems to be a benefit to spending time in a hospital.

Roomie told me about that one of lizard and the Iroko tree when I told her that I was feeling like a peacock. Or else like the cock who says "If I do not praise myself who will praise me?"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous of course but then again: show off!

7/19/2005 03:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...does that mean I no longer get to inherit your clothes?

7/19/2005 06:43:00 pm  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

hey there have had loads about you from MJY(who should get her own clothes anyway)...thanks for droppin by my site pia.

all the best in the losing a few pounds-am sure u feel as great as u look.

7/20/2005 07:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick,
This is one aunty you shall not steal from me.

Ebu get back to your own blog

7/21/2005 02:51:00 am  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Kui, my heart is big enough for both of you. You are the first in my heart - and I will always love you. But surely you can spare some crumb of affection for the young man? What did I teach you?

(Of course you can inherit my clothes YEAH!!!!)

7/26/2005 10:31:00 am  
Blogger akiey said...

Congrats Uaridi on your new trim self:) Must feel good & am sure that dance you did came from within:)
Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

7/29/2005 09:40:00 pm  
Blogger Nyakehu said...

What are you doing with clothes you haven't worn for 4 years? I forgot your motto please repeat it again.... if you haven't used it for one year then chuck it.

7/29/2005 10:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home