Thursday, July 14, 2005

Invaded by Jerry (of Tom & Jerry)

For over two years we have been sharing our living space with a family of mice. Yeech!!!!! You understand it is not our choice. Jerry did not ask to flatshare. One morning we woke up - and there he was. Ugh!! Yeech!!! How I loath the things.

Visualise my roomie and I, both Jerry phobic, ridding our flat of Jerry. What to do? Neither of us want to physically touch or see Jerry mouse, so nothing like mousetrap or rat poison. In year one, we got gizmos that emit a supersonic sound and was supposed to chase them away. It seemed to work because that winter, we did not see them. We lifted up glasses of cheer because I had got rid of the critters bila matata. Wapi!!! Kumbe Jerry was hidding next door, getting aclimatised to the supersonic sound because the following spring he wanted to share the flat with us more fully.

Come spring and they start reproducing and getting bolder. Can you imagine Jerry mouse staring at me as I eat, jumping all over cables, my feet and waiting for me to leave the kitchen so that they can go 'eat their dinner'. How I wished I was in Kenya. All I needed was a tabby cat and the problem was over.

Finally in frustration we bought stickly paper and this fearless hunter managed to trap FOUR - 4 - of the beasts. Of course I had to get the building supervisor to come and remove Jerry from the kitchen - which is their favourite place.

For about two months we have not seen Jerry - I believe that my fame as the fearless mouse killer has spread far and wide in the mouse kingdom and that they will stay away from my flat.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide what is more scary...the fact that you have rodents or the fact that you gave it name!

(and you wonder why I don't visit)

Poleni though

7/15/2005 12:04:00 am  
Blogger Uaridi said...

The things became like members of the family - wanting to share in everything, including watching TV. Had to name it.

7/15/2005 04:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you had to go there:)

7/17/2005 10:31:00 pm  
Blogger akiey said...

Uaridi, am so "lol!" at the rodent naming thing:)) Hope the Jerries stay out given that summer is one time they're seen all over.
In pre-Tom & Jerry days am sure you would have called on The Pied Piper to do the trick.

7/29/2005 09:46:00 pm  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

You wouldnt like me then, I love rodents - only because I think they are too funny - I used to have one 'Jerry' too and he used to come and watch me eat - LOL at waiting for you to leave the kitchen so he can go eat - they get so used to you that they are not afraid of you - but they poo which stinks anyway so I didnt envy you there.

Hope you are having a rodent free summer ..

(sorry for going on a commenting spree on your blog - decided to read as much as i can, and i can definitely see what i have been missing)

8/25/2005 03:08:00 pm  
Blogger M said...

PUN INTENDED! :)

9/11/2005 12:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home