Friday, August 04, 2006

Tagged!!

Six weird things about myself

I was tagged by Mental (I will get you) and Spicey (and you too my pretty!!) to disclose six weird things about myself that will NOT be used against me.

1. I love the company of children. They are good judges of characters - because children see beyond the masks we wear. I learnt a lot from children, especially what Jesus said of them –accepting the Kingdom of God like little children – without calculation, questions or doubts.

2. I loath small talk and making conversations, and “serious discussions on issues” - be they religion, art,politics or football. I switch off when people start arguing to prove their points of view.

3. I am a solitary person by nature and by desire.

4. I can go for days without talking to people – my stimulation comes from within not from without

5. I always feel sorry for competitors who lose. I hate to see the look of defeat on their faces when they come second, third or last.

6. I like the songs of the late John Denver, especially “Annie’s Song”
(Ann is one of my baptism names which I do not use)

It is too hot for me to think about who to tag next – so this time; I let off my potential victims.

Enjoy the summer everyone

8 Comments:

Blogger am mdkims said...

to know that you are so much at peace with yourself gives me a delightful feeling to poignant to express in words ... otherwise i hope the kenyan blogsphere 'unfreezes' you once in a while ... you said you are a freezing rose

8/04/2006 10:01:00 am  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Auntie how have you been?
I too love kids they give you the unique comfort and can tell you a new thing everyday..
The going for days without talking to people I think I I ever do it they will start calling and advertising for me..

Lovely weekend

8/04/2006 11:54:00 am  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

kids definitely rock!
ati john denver
(the sleeze post is out does that mean u wont drop by?)

8/04/2006 03:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love john denver's style - they just don't make them like they used to.
as for footie, you'd be thoroughly bored if you passed by chez moi, it's practically all we ever talk about :)

8/04/2006 09:35:00 pm  
Blogger POTASH said...

mhh..agree with mama mia..they don't make them like they used to: "...I am leaving on a jet plane...I don't know when i will be back again... ta da dum"

8/05/2006 08:35:00 am  
Blogger Diane said...

I love kids too! They always sy cute things and make me laugh!

God bless you too, will come by and visit you sometime later. :)

8/05/2006 02:28:00 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

feeling you on nos 3 & 4...

8/06/2006 10:38:00 pm  
Blogger Darius said...

1,3,4, and 6 - ditto! However, I'll add that as I've gotten older, I enjoy people more than I used to even though I still find solitude most energizing/creative.

8/07/2006 03:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home