Friday, March 03, 2006

Waiting

I am the least poetic of my family - I know that. My art lies in other directions. I have learnt to appreciate verse because of Mshairi, and others. So please do not be too harsh. It is probably my one and only poem. (Mshairi - put away your red pen!!!)


Waiting
I am waiting, waiting for an answer
When first it started I cried,
I wept, I begged and I pleaded
And I waited
I bribed, I sacrificed and had massive temper tantrums
And waited
No answer
SILENCE.

He said – wait for me
I will not delay
I will answer

I am still waiting
“Out of the depths I cry to You Oh Lord,
Lord hear my prayer…”

I have prayed and have fasted
I asked
“When was silence ever an answer?”
But His response
“Wait for me, the answer is soon”

I am still waiting
Waiting for His soon
Praying
And still hoping
And waiting
“Tears on my pillow…!”
When will you answer?

You will answer
You have promised
I hold on to this promise and I
Wait
And praying
And believing
And trusting
“In You Oh Lord I put my trust…”

He will answer. He always does
“Those who put their trust in the Lord are like Mt. Zion that cannot be shaken…”

I should have posted this on 24th January, but for some reason I was unable to.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No red pens here, Uaridi. Your poem is straight from the heart and is very profound.

3/03/2006 01:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Mshairi.
Written from the heart.

3/03/2006 02:21:00 pm  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Thank you Mshairi.

Mental: Just been revived by workmates because I had fainted. You actually came to the blog. Quick, the smelling salts

3/03/2006 04:04:00 pm  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Auntie God's timing is the best. He will answer you at the right time. He will never fail.
Never loose hope keep reminding him pray that your blessings fall.

Nice poem and soo deep.

3/03/2006 05:51:00 pm  
Blogger Nyakehu said...

No wonder it took you so long......no words have ever flowed ever so smoothly. Mshairi would not have dared messed up such words.

3/06/2006 03:31:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Mental, you better not overstay your welcome - you might get them smelly salts :)

Auntie - you know he will answer, in his own time. That poem just said exactly what you needed it to say, with feeling. Mshairi should be shaking in her poetic boots, she has competition.

I hope you have your answer soon Uaridi - we are the impatient ones, HE chooses the moment that he thinks is right for you, not the other way round.

Be strong

3/06/2006 09:19:00 pm  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Thank you all for your supportive comments.

3/07/2006 02:34:00 pm  
Blogger Farmgal said...

*sigh* auntie I'm in no position to encourage but i know He will answer coz thats what He says. we know He doesnt lie so if he said it He will do it.

3/14/2006 08:32:00 pm  
Blogger the prisoner's wife said...

keep writing poems. poems breathe life into language.

3/23/2006 01:35:00 am  
Blogger Elle said...

nice poem

3/30/2006 02:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home