Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Autumn

I enjoy the seasonal changes, when leaves turn colour from green to all shades of earth tones. I like the feel of earth drawing into herself getting ready for winter. I even enjoy the shorter days.

What I truly do not like is the cold and rain that comes with autumn. If only it snowed in the winter. I lie to myslef and think that changes in the landscape can make up in a small way for the cold weather. Falling snow is beautiful, especially in the night time. The white of the snow softens the landscapes and creates new shapes, which for artistic types like myself is "interesting".

What it is is that this African Rose is getting ready for winter. I am searching for positive things about this time of the year. I want to face the cold with expectation of good things, just as I do for spring and summer. Surely there is good even when the world is cold and the sun's rays are as feeble as moonshine.

Bye summer, hello cold weather.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mshairi said...

Winter does not sound so bad when you put it so positively:-)

9/21/2004 05:18:00 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

I agree that the cold and the rain can be oppressive. But there are good things about a rainy winter. A warm home snuggle into seem more inviting. Warm beverages of all type become a must. And with the cold comes overcoats and hat. I'm a big fan of hats. I think for me it's the loss of light more than the cold that gets to me. I guess that's why I like Xmas lights so much.

10/29/2004 11:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home